Well we made Yuma and it is a really different environment from the south part of Tucson.
One I am not enjoying near as much.
It is not as colourful, not as big in arts and so on.
The place we have is gorgeous
and not like anything I have ever seen before.
It is a residential area with huge lots
and some have beautiful homes on them
While others have casitas and 2 RV hook ups.
All are beautifully fenced with simply breathtaking hand made bricks.
This is the Foothills area of Yuma.
We are surrounded by golf course
and everyone here seems to be from Washington State, Alberta or the Midwest.
Houses are really inexpensive and so are lots.
But the economy here is in the tank
and does not look to be getting better anytime soon.
Lots are huge and really a great price,
I would love to buy something
But the idea of paying taxes in two countries
does not thrill me.
Lee’s cousin and wife are here and that makes it very nice for both of us.
They come here every year and love it.
They know where everything is and they are both such nice people.
Makes it way nicer for me with them here.
We also have friends from Alberta here and we have seen them several times as we always have such fun with them too.
We have been to the Castle Dome Ghost town.
Nicely done with some seriously wonderful artifacts.
Not a place I would visit twice though.
We have been to the flea market,
both indoors and the outdoor one.
Not interested in returning.
Prices are not that great and really neither are the products anymore.
If I want to buy from China
I can go to any Family Dollar anywhere and I would rather not.
This is not a slur it, is simply when I want a good quality item at a good price
I am not going to get it at he flea market or the Family Dollar store!
Tried to go to Mexico one morning
but it was so cold and windy that we decided that we would not bother.
Lee has gotten himself some watercolour art supplies and wants to start painting again.
I am encouraging this in a big way.
As there is really no particular place that I wish to go to and see here,
I think that will be good for him to immerse himself in this endeavour.
We are without internet here for a few days too.
The service provider we got and were paying a pretty price for
was not living up to it’s promise.
So we got a full refund and are now waiting for a Verizon Millenicom stick.
Hope it arrives soon as being without a good internet connection
is not something I enjoy at all.
Lee and I are going to San Diego to visit friends this week.
I am so looking forward to this.
It will be an awesome time I am certain of that.
So I will save this until we have internet.
Until we chat again,
Thank you for coming along with Lee and I.
I always enjoy your blog Gaye -
ReplyDeleteCooler here and colorless too, so enjoy
the warmth in Yuma and the adventure.
Exciting about Lee and the paints. Looking forward to seeing his work that's for sure.