The place we are at is really very interesting
The area we are in is really gorgeous..
And the the bricks..let me share with you the bricks!
They are donkey dung mixture bricks ..
they are made by putting this composite mixture in forms
and then a big dome is shaped with the forms..
inside this dome is a huge pile of wood..
When the pile of bricks is ready
the wood on the inside is fired up..
it burns til all wood is gone..
When the bricks cool
they are finished and ready to use..
and by the manner in which they are piled
the colours and patterns are determined.
Then the layers of these bricks are all Mexicans..
They are incredibly talented in how they lay these out..
the patterns on some bricks are mirror images of each other
and the colours are simply incredible.
I have never ever seen bricks like this ,
coloured like this and so many of them..
The work is beautiful and the bricks are about 20 cents a piece!!
Can you imagine?
They are used in walls around yards..
as flooring for yards instead of gravel..
for gates and walkways..
Really the uses are fantastic!!!
reds, yellows greys charcoals, pinks purples and all muted earth tones..
really I wish I could bring back a ton of these..
they are so beautiful..
and the manner in which they are placed is very interesting as well.
I believe you all would enjoy how they look.
This area is into sections..
in one section it is all homes , no RVs at all.
It is rather a posh area
I might add with one, with yard, takes up 1 block squared!!!
Incredible.. I will go take a pic of that place today..
Other areas it is a home or casitas and two RV's on that lot..
then in other sections it is all RV's no permanent dwellings.
That is the least attractive area.
We are in the section of casitas/home and two RV's on HUGE lots..
and I mean huge!!!
We back on to a ravine that is part of a golf course
and so we have wildlife, birds and critters
and when it is warm we have lots of lizards too
The weather today is supposed to be in the 20's (C)
so I am much happier.
I am sick of wearing turtle necks and long pants!!!
The computer bandwidth we have now is strange..
we rented a high speed modem
and now we have it placed in the right direction,
it seems to be working well.
Much better then sharing seven wifi hot spots with 260 other people..
We do have a house between us and the tower on the mountain
and that may cause some issues
but it is by far the best yet!
I am not enthralled with Yuma yet and may never be.
It does not have the charm that Tucson seems to .
But I know Tucson so well by now.
I need to get to Old Town and see what secrets and treasures are there.
We are going to go to the Old Territorial Prison
and to the Museum along with the Burrowing Owl project in the West Wetlands park area.
Then Tuesday we are going to another Ghost town..
But Super Bowl Sunday I am in direct competition..
I am having people over for nibbles and a visit during the game..
we will see how that works out.
I do not DO football or any other televised sporting event.
It is all just so boring..
So we will sit outside and yak and laugh and nibble away
Hope that you are well and enjoying better weather where you are now too.
Thanks for coming along and joining in our our adventures
Glad things are warming up finally for you now! Mild here, about 10 C.
ReplyDeleteThose bricks sound awesome! Gads, but Moab needs to hurry up! Well, maybe not for you guys 'cause that means you're on your way home!
Have a good weekend, enjoy the game no matter how you spend the time!
It all sounds so picturesque Gaye. Looking forward to pictures. Lizards too?? OH wow! Have that camera ready.
ReplyDeleteGlad to read you are warmer. It's about time eh?
Gordon's right, I want Moab to hurry up too! Well, maybe not Moab, first VOF and Capitol Reef, can't wait for the whole trio. :o) Glad Yuma finally warmed up, and you to it, at least partially. You painted in word form an artist's rendition of the bricks, must be a sight to see!
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Steve