Saturday, May 18, 2013

Victoria Day Long Week-end 2013

I recently read something from someone I totally respect.
Seems that several people have stopped by the FB page they have
 and seemingly took quick looks at the postings and simply clicked on the LIKE button.
No comments just a like... well that seemed to provoke some response that directed this particular FB participant to delete several people from the page..
 I did not get upset with this...
and thought their page, their rules..
why not?

Then the additional posting went on to say that they believed in what they believed in
and were not going to be swayed by anyone posting something to the contrary.
Now you might be asking...SO?
Right SO?

Well I have  ideas and thoughts and many will not be the same as the folks that come and go.
I do not care what you do not like......
 only what you do.

There are professional level and true professional photographers on my friend list.
 I love sharing what they post for other "would-be" and "already there" photographers.
It is a wonderfully creative community of people that truly have marvelous images to share. Information is boundless and often times can twig some creativity in someone who may not have considered such an idea or approach.
 I cull this from my news feed to share with those that see my stuff.
I never claim these as my own and always give credit where credit is due.

There is a fact that my personal choices may differ from that of many of my friends.
 This should not be dismissed but celebrated.
 Differences are not a bad thing, they are simply put, differences.
 UNLESS I demand that others follow my thoughts..
 and that is never ever going to happen.

I also like alternative choices in healthy life styles and staying healthy.
That is my personal choice and not one I foster for all,
 but I do share recipes and some means to allow a human being to get healthy in the body.

To that end I am also cognizant of the spirit needs nourishment..
 For this I also cull from my news feed things that are meant to inspire, to motivate and to be joyous.

Animal rights are huge with me and that is world wide, not just locally.

What I do not get involved in
are;
religious debates,
political debates
 and sexual debates.

It is however not in my play book to accept in any form bullying, abusive behavior, toxic attitudes and plain nasty approaches to anything in my world.

My belief system is constantly evolving and not closed off.
I accept the differences in all of us and celebrate those differences.
 Do not change me and I will in no way attempt to change you.

I do not see certain aspects of life or those  I love as a point to discuss here or any where..
 their script, their story.
I learned that the hard way.
There are no behind back conversations..
 if I cannot say it to your face, I will not say it to anyone else's face!

I am not in anyway angry here but the issues are close to me
 and I wanted to explain I am in transition myself.
I have not taken a photograph in over a month and have not edited anything in 6 weeks!
I have hit a place that demands that I take a long hard look at what I want to do.
So to this end I cull informational stuff from my news feed.
This is what I share, your images not mine...
Your tidbits not mine
and every now and then I hit a goldmine from my Mensa pals..
 (Dallas that is you buddy)
and I read things that normally I would never ever go near
but am so intrigued by this upper echelon of minds
 that I try hard to get into their realm..
 not easy for a dyslexic elderly woman............. but what fun trying.
I also like to thank James and Jan for their contributions to my education of the mind..

To my family(all of you) thank you for adding the spice and richness to this life I am enjoying..
to my friends each and every one of you , I really do love you a lot.
and to my husband that always is there for me no matter what..
up to and including the feature wall paint colour I chose that we clearly do not agree on..
thank you.

Our new home is coming along nicely..
 painting is at a stand still as it is a long week-end and everyone deserves to enjoy that.
Even if it is raining(which by the way it does every May Long wee-end!)
We are excited to be going to a land based home again..
 and still blessed to be able to continue the adventure south of the border for 5 months of the year.

Lee and I are not your cookie cutter folks,
 we live pretty much as we want and are afforded the luxury of making our own choices about everything.
It is with this in mind I wish each of you that stops to read this
a wonderful week-end,
a healthy one and a time filled with joy in your own celebration.

Be kind and share compassion if at all possible,
and it is with this thought I wish you all
PEACE

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Gaye. Your writing is often an inspiration to me. I may not take much time to comment, I just read your posts and like you even if I don't always agree, I learn. Thanks for all you do and your leadership on enjoying life and growing with it.
    Tom

    ReplyDelete