So here we are again and I have to say Thanksgiving twice is amazing.
WE celebrated at home with our usual fixings and then we got to share an American Thanksgiving here.
Wow wow wow...
our table mates were a couple from Dallas Texas and another couple that live in Tucson..
(she is blind and has this amazing Guide dog, that also joined us)
What is a little golden retriever slobber between new friends?
WE stood and sang God Bless America and both Lee and I know all the words.
I blew one line and figure that puts me in good standing to sing it at a big event in front of thousands!!!
Just joshing ya!
The food was amazing, seriously there was so much and such a variety.
I saw things I had no idea what they were.
As I have some fairly serious food allergies I was not that adventurous.
I saw marshmallows on something orange and it looked like a dessert but was a veggie dish..
Looked good but I had none.
Saw some kind of corn dish and heard many folks saying it was fantastic.
I had to take their word for it.
Beans and onion casserole and that was terrific I tell you.
Being a foodie this was a heavenly scene for me.
Not crazy about either the dressing or the gravy
but then, I lay claim to making the world's best of those two items.
Some lady made a home made cheesecake and not one of those easy peasy ones either.
Man on man was it good.
I could not finish it and Lee delightfully helped me out on that one.
Also someone made brown sugar fudge and it was the best!!!!
Such fun, and after all this great food I needed to go for a walk.
So out into the desert we went.
I do prefer the slick rocks of valley of Fire to climb on but the desert is just gorgeous this time of year.
We walked for over an hour and it got really warm.
That is why it is called burning calories!!!
I was back and just settling into a nice book when the door presented us with a KNOCK KNOCK!
What the heck?
Here we had a friend from our camera club back home drop by for a short visit.
Very nice to have her come by as she had some great new places to go for photo ops.
So after a really good day and mulling over whether or not we would participate in Black Friday sales..
Which I wanted to do so badly.
I am so predictable though.
I thought out loud and talked us right out of going anywhere near any of the stored!
I do not "DO" crowds and if someone got pissed at not getting what they wanted it could lead to violence
I do not do that either!
So I figured for what we might have gone for ,
there will be some at decent prices later on anyway.
No sense getting caught up in the frenzy.
Having heard that folks were camped out for days already scared the crap outta me anyway.
Hey, I never ever said I was brave in that way!
So here we are, another day and another potential for adventure.
Thanks for stopping by enjoyed having you join us.
Have a superb week-end.
Sounds like a great day, expecially the food part! We had an early Thanksgiving and then a quiet one on the actual day. That brown sugar fudge sounds yummy. Do you suppose the maker would share the recipe with you?
ReplyDeleteSounds like you had fun. Enjoy the warmth!
ReplyDeleteI could taste all that food way up here, must have ben good.Oh for a little bit of that warmth.
ReplyDeleteDarn, no Balck Fri shopping for Gaye, a black belt shopper. The desert has changed you? Where is Gaye? You must be an impersonator.
ReplyDeleteOn the other hand, where are you going to keep all that stuffs when you buy?
Have fun, my friends.