Saturday, October 23, 2010

Last minute things to do

Now who in hades ever thought painting a simple structure such a  pergola could be...
would be a pain in............... well let us not go into detail on the body parts that hurt afterwards!
I really thought this was a straight forward job...
not too bad ..
 be finished in a couple days! yeah?
 NOT!!!
Last night after putting everything away,
 Lee was overheard praying for rain!!!

I swear that sometime in the last ten or so years someone came in
 and added five more feet in height
and seventeen more in length
 not to mention about 5,000 more boards then in the original bloody thing
.
We are through our mere two gallons
and I am think we should have bought stock in the paint company first..
cause it is going to take a whole lot more paint before we are done..
 and speaking of being done..
I am suggesting to those of you who might have some projects to do around your homes.
." Pay someone to come in a do it".
Especially if you are no longer in your fifties!!!

Lee and I MIGHT be finsihed this project at the END of the coming week.
It will then take a whole week to get back to feeling normal too.

The up side is it is going to look wonderful..
the down side is my playhouse now needs sprucing up.
 Not this time around.

I am going to invite some of the "kids" to come visit..
and tell them to bring work clothes!
Bet they push each other out of the way to get here..
 yeah ...NOT!!!

So we have a reprieve of a few days here,
 thank you Momma Nature..
 rain as if it were necessary!

Once done, we will set to on getting things right and ready to load up and hit the road once again.
 Being gypsies is something we really both love.
Can hardly wait for the adventures to begin again.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure it'll look fantastic- at least for the few months you're down south and won't be able to enjoy it, lol.

    If its any consolation, I have more than a few projects like this I have to get done as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why is there always so many things to do before you leave.
    We are looking forward to having the time to be "on the road again".
    See you out there in a few years.
    Tom & Millie

    ReplyDelete