Saturday, October 9, 2010

It is almost that time again

Well now here we are again,
 it is almost that time of the year for Lee and I .
It has been a very busy, frustrating and slow moving summer back here in the lotus land of southern British Columbia
Our home is up for sale
and we are now on our third realtor.
Fun folks they are not.
However, now is NOT a great time to be selling
 and cleaning a clean house is simply not as much fun as you might envision it to be.
We have taken more then twenty loads of yard waste to the dump,
 possibly as many trips to the local Hospice Thrift shop
 and even went so far as to have another garage sale.
 Now seriously how can you quibble about ridiculously low prices
 and have someone actually nickle and dime you to death over a 25 cent item.. "take it already"!

I have actually GIVEN things away and I cannot tell you how good that feels.
Things I have hauled across the country more then once.
Things my own children took in horror when I say" do you want it"?
Well I actually found really good people that could use and did want these things.
And frankly they are pretty pleased with it too.
That is a feel good situation for me I tell you.
 I recommend this for anyone at any time.

We are now planning for our third trip to the Adams River Salmon spawn, reputed to be the largest in over a century. While many that have not seen this event and might like to,
 I understand that it may never happen in these numbers again in our lifetime.
Such is this journey these fish make and the perils they run into on their way "HOME" to their onw spawn.
It is sad beyond measure, brilliant in the plan to create a new generation and the time of year is seredipitous to a photographer.
We will be joined by like minded friends for this trip
and it is going to be a great time.

Once back in southern BC we will set the yard to rest for the coming winter,
arrange for our place to be looked after in a fabulous manner, snow removal included.(should that be a necessity of course)
Once we complete all of this we hand the keys over and off we go..
and may I say we are both looking forward to this very much.

First stop of any note will be Valley Of Fire in Nevada..
 this is a place where my soul re-connects with my heart and the earth..

So to you who will follow us again this year, I bid you welcome and hope that this journey is as much fun for you as it is for us.
Happy Thanksgiving to each of you

9 comments:

  1. Well now - you know we will be on board with you both all the way !!!

    Looking forward to "traveling" with you,
    E & L

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the invite. I shall be watching.
    Bill

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent! Can hardly wait until you get on the move again. Thanks for the link to the new blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the nice new blog, and for inviting me to peek over your shoulder during your wonderful adventures.

    Can't wait 'til you arrive in the Valley of Fire. I know I'll hear you heave that first sigh all the way to Texas!

    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  5. So good to hear from you, hope you don't mind Annette passing your blog addy to me. Happy trails Gaye.
    We have committments this Thanksgiving weekend, otherwise we could have bunp into you guys in Adams. Weather permits, we may go next weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We will be watching the new adventures of Lee and Gaye.
    Have some fun for us too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Belated Happy Canadian Thanksgiving, Lee and Gaye! I shall of course be following your adventures avidly. Hope the drive south isn't as, well, eventful as last year's! Looking forward to meeting up with you somewhere during winter in the Southwest.

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gaye & Lee: Wishing you much happiness, good health, and an incredibly exciting adventure!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just taggin along.... Jimmie FZ-30 ;o)

    ReplyDelete