Thursday, October 17, 2013

October 2013

Someone recently made a comment that my blog seemed very personal.
 With personal information on it,
 I have been thinking about that for awhile now
 and would like to make my comment to that very idea.

This is MY BLOG..
 It is about my travels and adventures with my best friend and husband of almost 15 years.
It is a space in time for me to share with friends and family where we are,
 what we have seen and what we think about it.
It is also a place for me to expand on my thoughts in a written manner,
 it is a place to pontificate, as you who know me, know I can really get a head of steam going.
Simply put this is my place and my words to convey my thoughts.
There are those who may not agree,
 some might..
 it is all good either way.
My intention is to never hurt or maim any one person or group of people with my opinions and thoughts.
So if that does happen then the question I would ask.............
 is this my responsibility or the readers
I cannot ascertain how people re-act or feel over something I have written.
 A good rule of thumb for me personally has always been,
 when in doubt..............
ASK.

So now onto the latest news from the Horn Homestead.

A dear  friend has passed away and it is with sadness we bid John Waldrip a loving good-bye and offer his wife of 50 years our on going support and love.
 Anything you need, anytime please just ask.

My friend Rosie in Winnipeg was in our area, not close enough to drop in but close enough we could have met in the middle. Unfortunately the weather stopped us from meeting in Manning Park.
This lady and I have been pals for way over 50 years,
 and I am so sorry we were not able to meet.
 Until next time.

We are settled in our home and it feels so right for me .
 Our artworks are hung with great joy and now if I could only talk Lee into putting more up and covering all available wall space
 I would be delighted!
He does not share my utter joy in this type of presentation
 so we compromised.
 It looks fantastic in my opinion and that is what counts.

I had a local metal artist make us three wonderful metal fish that look like they are swimming upstream in our dry stream bed.
To top that off, I also had him make us a gorgeous fishing heron!
The front yard is complete now.
The back yard has been made into a parking lot for two or three RVs with power and water but no sewer folks!
 Sorry about that.
We have a very large pen for the pups complete with the loveliest of grasses.
They love it, but right now the irrigation is still on for all the trees and shrubs we had planted are in dirt.
 Guess where the pups love playing.. in the damn dirt.

Still it is awesome, so if you are travelling through Osoyoos in an RV
drop by but please advise us prior to arriving if you do not mind!

We started loading up the RV
and it is so roomy now with all the EXTRA stuff no longer needed now we have a house.
Got the carpets shampooed and it is smelling fresh again.

Travelled to Edmonton for Thanksgiving with my oldest daughter , her family of wanderers
and my youngest with her two little guys.
When I say little that is a misnomer, as they are growing fast.
 Benji is in Grade 7 already and Mason in Grade 5.
Thanksgiving was an interesting and noisy affair
with amazing food made by every individual attending this event.
Thumbs up to Benji for the great fruit kabobs, they were totally my favourite.
I have not had such a chaotic dinner in a long time,
 when you get older and your grown up children are all in different places
 you get so used to the number 2 or maybe 4 so it is usually very quiet.
Noise is NOT a bad thing,
 it is just different when you are not used to it anymore.
I also had the pleasure of taking part in a Yoga class that Michellene taught,
 it was one of the best I have had and totally enjoyed it.
Her studio
.............Lotus and Lettuce...............
 is beautiful and she is very good at what she does.
So thank you for that Michellene.

We left to go to Priddis, Alberta where my cousin Heather lives.
She is my only cousin and frankly has been my hero all my life.
We are the last two of our generation left in the families.
 Her mom and mine were sisters.
We had a short but very meaningful visit.
Heather has stage four lung cancer, both lungs and the lining too.
 She is on a drug that has her able to walk up stairs and enjoy her life
 and by God she is doing just that with grace, dignity and humour.
 I am honoured to have known her and her family over these last 60 some years
 and with all my heart am grateful for the time we go to spend together when ever that happened.
Heather you remain an inspiration
 and may you get that damn Northern Shoveller feathers all done.
My money is on you.

I want to add in here what great travellers our dogs are.
FANTASTIC!

Arrived home to some warm weather, sunshine and our home.
And an eye Dr. appointment.
Not the best news at all, but all do-able.
Waiting now to hear when a time for another operation is available and then we will make our departure south.
We planned on leaving on the 24th and still do.
Hope that is also DO-ABLE!

Life offers each of us a menu
 and we are lucky in that we sometimes get to choose from that menu.
 When that is no longer possible
 we simply have to take the whole thing in our own hands
 and  decide what is best for us in the moment.
 None of us know how long we have or what it is going to be like..
 but I can tell you time is fleeting
 and if you have the luxury of it,
 then it would be my hope that each of you grab it with gusto
 and live the moment to the fullest .

It is with this thought I wish you all a wonderful fall season
and hope that you continue to follow our journey.

We enjoy having you along
 and as always we do this with love and in Peace



No comments:

Post a Comment