OK so I promised that I would enjoy the sunshine for all those back home who are wallowing in dismal greys and low ceilings.
Could not do this as when I awoke.. with anticipation of LEAVING beautiful ELY..
it was raining.
Not a soft fragrant rain, but a messy grey foggy cold pissing down rain.. oh what fun.
Thank goodness we did not have to do all the hooking up stuff..
So on we go.. and getting fuel was fun to say the least as the wind had picked up to add to the utter enjoyment of the pouring rain.
Having said this, there were many at the pumps along with us
and it appeared all were wending their way south to a warmer more pleasant climate then what we seemingly left at home!
Allow me to tell you that we climbed to near 8000 feet on a road that was winding and lovely I am certain at any other time then today!
It was sleet at first, then it turned to snow and then bless you Mother Nature..
a bloody white out for about 167 miles.............
I do not DO scared OK...
and I am no way a sissy about heights but when we started sliding on what appeared to be ice under about 6 inches of wet damn slush
I got very quiet and held on.
Thinking
"how long would it take someone to come and get us out of the canyon below"!
BUT as you are saying OMG.......... poor them...
the clouds parted and we did get blue skies and fluffy clouds.
How pretty.
We also got whizzing cars,trucks ,motor homes on this wonderful thing called the freeway through Las Vegas!
Damn ... there I am back to being absurdly nervous.
Not over Lee's driving, but everyone else!
We finally got off the freeway and found our way to this beautiful place with a lake and trees and just a scenic park like setting.
I suggested a pull through site with NO TREES.
We could take #'s 12 or 13..
I say 12 looks good and of course we got 13... yeah uh uh.
Trees blocked out sat system..
Nothing further to say.
Now I get in the rig and start trying to make our home comfy for the next while and to my utter freaking horror the beautiful drum door cupboard we have under our kitchen island is broken right off the wall it is fastened to!!
Do you know MURPHY?
Tell that S.O.B. he can go home anytime now..
It is broken and totally unusable.
So our fireplace blows a fuse when the heatilator is on...
The cupboard is broken
our re-freaking- wind motor is gone for the fourth time.. yeah ..
But you know what?
It is all do-able she says with tongue in cheek.
So off we go to this restaurant to have a steak dinner...
my first in a very long time.
Could not get my knife through it and when I did
I could not chew it!
Neither could Lee.
So we got T-Bone steaks offered us instead
but by the time they came dinner was done.
Murphy I told you bugger off!
So off to walk around this beautiful lake with the dogs,
great walk and the dogs loved it.
Ducks that look seriously inbred and morbidly obese but hey,
this is a free country right?
Do what you want with creatures.
So back to the abode on wheels
and I go off to powder my nose as it were
and imagine my bloody surprise when I find out Mr. Horn is hooked up to the Bighorn
and driving the Longhorn
and moving this big rig while I am on the throne..
Wanted to get clear of the trees to put our dish up
Good grief this is a comedy of errors.
Now my question to any of you reading this..
either you or any body you know..
wanna buy a 40 foot 2011 Bighorn..CHEAP!!!
I have NOT discussed this with the little Mr.
but as it appears he is not really listening to much of what I say..
what the hell..
Now seriously I do hope your day went well.
No matter what goes on, you have family, you have friends and you have optimism..
That is everything.
All this other stuff becomes fodder for yet another comedy routine.
So from that fiasco at the border, to all of this now..
I bid you a great day and wish with all my heart you are all kind to each other
and everyone you come in contact with.
Oh, oh , oh my hand is over my mouth as I laugh in horror, I am yelling to Gordon..You have to read this.
ReplyDeleteOh Gaye, and Lee this is the worse and it can and will only get better.
Ummm did I mention the beautiful spring type sunshine and warmth we are still getting. Ya but I am working so I really can't enjoy it can I lol.
Hey my friends all we want is for you both to happy, and safe. Take care and talk soon. Hugs, hugs, and more hugs. luv Laura
Gaye, we sure hope all get better. We did our first dry run with our new, to us, 2011 Passport. Problem with gas regulator aand it was only in the 40's. Then problem with the water pump. All the time I thought the previous owner would have had same issues corrected. Maybe that's why they traded it. All came out as I figured out fixes so good now. Good thing we tried our dry run in our driveway. Sadly though it is now put away for the winter. Have great travels from here on. Love hearing all about your adventures.
ReplyDeleteGaye, we sure hope all get better. We did our first dry run with our new, to us, 2011 Passport. Problem with gas regulator aand it was only in the 40's. Then problem with the water pump. All the time I thought the previous owner would have had same issues corrected. Maybe that's why they traded it. All came out as I figured out fixes so good now. Good thing we tried our dry run in our driveway. Sadly though it is now put away for the winter. Have great travels from here on. Love hearing all about your adventures.
ReplyDeleteJust like the TV commercial... time to bring out the BLEACH. Have fun guys!
ReplyDeleteGeez Gaye I have to wipe the oatmeal off my computer. I laughed so hard that I spit all over it. I will have to remember not to eat when I read your blog.
ReplyDeleteGood to hear you are having fun and put a seat belt on that commode.