What a year this has been..
and may I say as Christmas is upon us in a few hours,
it was a fantastic year in so many ways.
As our lives grow and change into what is instead of what was,
things mean more and some mean less.
It is profound that at this time rushing about holds no particular thrill
nor does buying for the sake of having the latest scent,
the newest type of electronic
or whatever the advertising guru's tell us what we need to go get.
Instead we chose to gift things to folks that NEEDED them way more
then anything we might need.
Cannot tell you how much more meaningful that is..
I have learned it is way more fun to give then to receive!
As we had our lovely family Christmas dinner on July 25th of this year,
I felt no real need to go doing the mad woman decorations in every room this winter.
So we have a few decorative things up and that works well for both of us.
Bought my baking from little old grandmas at every craft show there was..
not much but I did get was oh so good.
Saved me from baking..
that is good too, as I always make too much!
I managed to get to Ottawa for a visit with the Townsends
and that was a lot of fun revisiting old friends and laughing my face off at silly memories.
What I learned was that when I was 40 ish
I loved to do all sorts of wild and crazy things..
now not so much.
But I thank you Z and J for the lovely bike ride ..
my butt almost fell off..
and I realised that back in that day
I would have loved that
I no longer feel that way.
My body hurt for days!!!
wah wah wah
Also had the opportunity( thanks to my girls) to go visit them in Edmonton and Stony Plain Alberta.. now his was a four day whirlwind visit..
and what fun I had.
Spent a special day with Benji, who turned 13!!!
Met my new Grand Cat Stinky 2 who was Ben's birthday present..
Got to sleep in Mason's bed
as he had been practicing for a week sleeping in his sleeping bag on the floor
so Gram could have his bed..
The dearest boys I tell you.
Ben's friends were awesome and I loved every minute of the day spent with them all.
Got to share an early birthday with Tiffany too..
Next Tiffany and Peter took me every where I needed to go for gifts..
and when I say what a treat this was , believe me it was!
It was minus 43 C in Edmonton and getting in and out of a car that is heated and has bum warmers.. along with you get to go right into a store.. well that was a major nice deal for me.
Thank you Peter for he driving and warmth,
Thank you Ben for your jacket
and Thank you Tiffany for the actually shopping
We were to be minions for Michellene as she was hosting her "OM For The Holidays" party that night.
Alexandra had it all done by the time we got there.
Bless her dear sweet heart
LOTS of people.. and such nice folks too.
By 9 ish I am sneaking away to my room
as I am exhausted..
and guess who I was having a little PJ party with?
My very own Alexandra(granddaughter) whom I had not seen in over two years!!
Very very special time.
Next day is a family Christmas dinner for my son in law's family and in between waking up and the dinner my dear daughters, grand daughter, son in law and Cha Cha and grandsons Ben and Mason all pitched in on my Secret Santa box..
this box started out being average size and ended up being HUGE!
Hand made gift bags for all the present(thank you Isabelle Perras) and all sorts of extras,
and may I say the kindnesses shown were very heartfelt.
Marc sent this special Christmas package FEDEX through his company
and that saved a huge amount for me..
so to all of you who participated in this effort
THANK YOU SO MUCH.
Your kindnesses will not be forgotten.
The dinner was delicious.. and presents amazing..
I have a gorgeous bracelet from Michellene
and some awesome Bamboo Pajamas that really look like a "swanky going out to dinner" outfit!!!
Trip home was just fine..
and nice weather upon returning.
Winter here gave us a couple days of wet gloppy whit stuff.
Enough to make a snow thing that Rascal promptly peed on..
that is opinion of snow!
Scamp loved it. pushed her face in it, chased snow balls and just did not want to come in..
Rained a bit since then and we have had wonderful days..
Lee continues to have good days and some that are definitely challenging.
He is a trouper though and maintains a peasant demeanor
despite being in pain 24-7.
We wait..
and the reasons are his and his alone.
So that brings me to this eve.. Christmas Eve,
my grown up children are in far flung places and at home..
grand kids are off in places that spell adventure, and some are home.
Lee's guys are in Yellowknife with their families
and most likely all of them will be readying for the big day tomorrow..
Our friends will have heir celebrations as well..
and to all of them
We sent a heartfelt wish that you all be in a good enough space to enjoy your celebrations.
To enjoy your company and your children.
To be as authentic a person as you can be
and to be happy.. make that choice for yourselves.
I am reminded of many a Christmas eve gone by and the joys of them..
of our lives now,
and how grateful I am for the bounty bestowed upon us.
So it is with love we send you our very best wishes..
for this celebration and for the new year dawning..
Blessing one and all and Peace
No comments:
Post a Comment