Tuesday, July 22, 2014

UPDATE.....................July 22, 2014

I have not really had an opportunity to write anything new on my blog lately.
 Not because I have nothing to say.. that would seriously be a stretch!
I need to be inspired to write or it bores even me!

Since arriving back home in April of this year there  have been several things occur that have changed how I view my world.

I needed a second surgery on my left eye as the sight in it was diminished enough to make walking up and down  and moving in and around crevices very difficult.
 When you are used to carrying a camera and all that goes with that into these places, not having any kind or depth perception becomes crucial to where you can go safely.

So I decided to go ahead and have a macular hole once again repaired.
 A simple 30-40 minute procedure took just over 70 minutes.
I looked like I had been beaten.
They never washed my face and it was covered with surgical washing and blood.
 Not to mention I still had patches that they connected heart monitoring and so on  my body when I got home.
I was so loopy from the drugs I did not notice!
The Dr. I had this time was really as cold as they come.
 Told me without ever looking me in the eye that it SHOULD be ok.
." well gee doc isn't that why I came to you"?

They injected a gas bubble in the eye to assist in securing the stitches on the eye ball in the back.
 It made seeing even more difficult.
To say I can actually pour a glass of water into a cup and not miss it would be lying..
 and to say I can navigate stairs easily would also be a misnomer.
Going shopping for the simple things has become challenging
 and bumping into things and people a norm.

Two appointments with the other specialist and things do not look promising.
. it is a thing whereby I have absolutely no faith in the procedure or the person that did it.
I will have yet another appointment on August the 7th and at that time they will determine if this whole thing was in any way successful.
I can tell you it was not..
 I see things very differently.. LITERALLY.
It is worse then before.
 I could go on and lament this entire thing but I will not.
 What I wanted most of all to say here is that things are different.

I tried taking my camera out and shooting.. anything.
 I have good gear that is not the problem..
 I cannot see well enough to know what the hell I am actually doing.
 Then the editing really kicked my ass.
 I like a certain style and was confident that I could spend time doing this but when I saw the finished product I knew I was hooped.
 There is NOT a plan to quit by any stretch of the imagination..
 but there will be an adaptation for sure.

There has been a suggestion that I not lift anything heavier then 5 pounds..
 no bike riding, no exercises and so sitting around for 7 weeks has taken a toll on me
.I garden as much as I can, digging in the dirt is just cathartic for me.
 I take pics with my cell phone and I read what I can when I can.
It is also difficult going out in the heat as it dries my eyes out
 and I cannot use anything for a while yet..

So you see me on Face Book.
and I have taken to many CAUSES...
 animal rights which is not new to me or my belief system
 human rights,
 endangered species,
 natural gardening
 and natural remedies..
The planet.............peaceful ways
 These are not new to me
 but they are new to some of you who may think you know me.
I do not post anything that is offensive or rude..
 I hope it makes you think,
 gives you hope and inspires or motivates you in some small way.
 I do not profess to know that everything I share is the actual and absolute truth..
 it is someone's truth and I encourage dialogue about it..
 whether you believe it or not.
I realise that there are some of you out there reading this that feel a huge need to correct things
 and to provide PROOF that what was shared is in fact a hoax
 or plain not your shared opinion
and I am very grateful for that.
 I just reiterate, do not shoot the messenger please.

So now I prepare for what I am so excited about..
CHRISTMAS in JULY!!!
Lee and I are really excited to be sharing July 25 th with some special people,,
my two daughters, two grandsons, a son in law and a gentleman we both like ...
 we also welcome our friends from Nanaimo
and a few of special friends from right here in Osoyoos.
I have a tree up and decorated, presents wrapped and short bread cookies made.. turkeys are at present thawing in the fridge..
Wine tasted and bought from a relatively new estate winery called River Boat..
Tiffany and boys arrive tonight,
Gord and Laura tomorrow,
 Mich and Marc Thursday and Peter on Saturday..
 Rich and Shari and kids and Robin and please lest I forget Lisa(my friend and foot care specialist) is also coming with her Ginger Bread men!
I may not be taking photographs this time around
but I will be enjoying this..
and may I also add I have two grand dogs making an appearance Beauty and Scooby!

Now what would have made us very happy is if the other two globe trotting grandkids could have made it here too. That and Darren and Karen with sons from Yellowknife would have made it perfect.
Maybe next time..

I do not quit anything.. I adjust.
I am not giving up at all, I am realigning myself..
Life is full of challenges and how we handle ours is who we are and what we will become.
It is an evolution of soul on a life long journey
 and may I say how grateful I am personally to share wit with my husband Lee
 and the people that are truly in our lives for the right reasons.

So I will add right here and now.. I have not given up on photography at all..just adjusting right now
Life is really good and as I said I am GRATEFUL for the goodness that is with me always

Let the celebrating begin..
PEACE my friends and thanks for looking in..

No comments:

Post a Comment