Saturday, November 23, 2013

Auction is all but over.... and thank you from the depths of my heart

I am now I the process of sifting through my thoughts towards the benefit auction I just put together
 to try and help a couple of decent people, who unfortunately got caught in the American Health situation.
This is in no way a critique of that system,
 simply a bewilderment how any man who served his country,
 worked hard all his life, paid taxes, lived according the rules
 and stands to lose everything
All because he has heart failure and his wife has been diagnosed with breast cancer..
There are folks in the country that have never paid a tax,
 never served in the military
 and been on welfare for generations..
 yet they get
 and my friend loses.
 Well enough is enough..

I wanted to raise awareness towards heart disease and breast cancer,
 both of which struck this couple and big time.

What I had not considered was raising awareness about a system that does not protect it's valued citizens..
 did I say valued?
They are not.
 IF you are filthy rich..
 then you are ok and will do well.
That is believe it or not 4% of the entire population!!!

So to all of you who think Canada has a terrible health system..
 give your heads a serious shake.
 When did anyone you know lose their business, their home and all their savings
 because they had the misfortune to get seriously ill?
 NEVER..

So with that, I have had my rant
and now I would like to move on to some happier news.

 I want to personally thank
 Pam Wheatly of Lawton Oklahoma,
 Laura and Gordon Howe of Nanaimo, British Columbia,Canada
Doug Lloyd, Wasillia, Alaska
 Jan Forseth of Colorado,
 Bill Morden of Ontario Canada
Dave Thomas, Lawton Oklahoma
Janice Hale, San Diego California
Stephen Hancock, Penticton British Columbia, Canada
Darren Horn, Yellowknife, Northwest Territories, Canada
 James Hager, The World
Debby Fenton, Victoria, British Columbia Canada
Bill Bream, Lindsay, California
Roy Hancliff, Canada
These folks donated their artistry and without hesitation.
 They agreed to donate and ship at their expense in order to raise money for the Thomas family.
 Some did not even know this family!

This type of generosity re-news my faith that waivers from time to time..

To my friends and to my family that also stepped up
 and to all the people who bid with their heart and their wallets
 I cannot thank you enough.

Now I can honestly say that if the Thomas family did not need a hand in this financial fiasco that health has caused
 they would in no way have agreed to have anyone do this for them..
 when I explained that this was NOT charity
 but it was an act of one friend to another in a time of need.
 There is no one hero in all of this..
 but there is a Global Villages of heroes.
 I would ask each of you to please Pay It Forward when ever and where ever you can..
 because.........................
 there but for the Grace of God............................... go you or I.

Peace to you all...

No comments:

Post a Comment