This is going to be almost my last blog in this venue.
I will write one more after this and then say good bye to "On the Road Again"
Due to Lee and I having changed our lifestyle so drastically
this is not a medium I am going to continue.
Both of us are divesting ourselves of all camera gear ,
it is not that we have lost interest or the desire to photograph the world we occupy.
Life has presented us with some interesting things we have to adjust to,
as such carrying heavy gear up and down canyons and back country slopes.
it has become very difficult with my diminished sight
and Lee's continued deterioration of the feeling in his legs.
This is NOT an" AW geez poor them moment".. it is what it is and we are adjusting in a way that is workable for both of us.
I have already sold my 500 prime and now my 100-400 L IS plenty pleased about this too.
This in NO way means we will not be carrying a camera with us.. we will.
But as with many others we are going newer, lighter , more pixels..
I truly believe that the pro bodies will go this way as no one wants to carry this cumbersome gear for hours when it is not necessary anymore.
We are all getting older as well and that my friends is a consideration.
Our winter in Yuma has been quiet and very laid back.
The weather has been very warm, the sunsets remarkable,
and we have adjusted(well ok mostly it has been me adjusting to) to this more laid back lifestyle.
I fought it for the longest time
and I am just now getting into that groove and liking it.
I missed Christmas so much this year and was remembering these special times of days gone by..
the celebration,
the smell of it
the feel of it and the joy of it..
I vowed to never feel this sense of loss again.
So I am going to have CHRISTMAS IN JULY!
I have purchased lovely new ornaments, and will put up my tree and have all the trimmings that go with it.
My youngest daughter Tiffany and the two wonderful grandsons Ben and Mason will be with us for this..
and our friends from Nanaimo ,Gordon and Laura will also be with us..
and we just might have my oldest among the happy event..
The "almost son" and a friend from home will also be there..
I am excited for this to be what I hope it will or could be.
I have an eye appointment with a specialist(surgeon) in Kamloops as I must have it operated on again.
Been there before and managed it ok, am hoping that this will once again prove true.
Our little "people" Scamp and Rascal have been amazing doggies.
We are so close and love them so much..
Scamp has had some issues and this week we will hopefully find out what is causing her problems..
we at first though that maybe it was trauma that caused her to go into OVER-DROOL..
but it might be liver issues and it also might be double canines causing this..
we will find out on Thursday of this week(Feb 20).
Lee and I also had the pleasure of a visit here in Yuma with our friends Janice and Bob Hale..
Wonderful to see them and it was fun..
but not enough time..
so we went to San Diego to see them..
and while it was VISITING time , with doggie trauma..
we thoroughly enjoy this lovely couple.
And hopefully they are coming to see us this coming August...
I can only hope this pans out..
as we would love to have them in our new home and show them around our area..
then go to Vancouver Island with them..
We leave for home in about 24 days and if it sounds like I am counting days ,
you would be right.
I spent maybe 5 months in our new place and then left..
so I want to go home and enjoy it all.
Hell's bells I still have boxes to unpack!!!
As I end this I will say that we MAY NOT return next year.
The dollar sitting below 90 cents is not good..
the space we have I do not like at all..
we open up to a brick wall with not a bunch of room.
We found a new spot but are really not certain we will return stateside .
One of the big things is we do not want to prepay for our spot..
it is not refundable and at this stage if something happens
we would be out that money..
So from a very HOT blooming desert in Yuma Arizona
we are once again very pleased for those of you that came along with us again.
As always I leave you all in Peace
and in pursuit of good health and happiness.
Wow, big changes are a-coming, Big Sis...So sorry to hear about your ongoing eye issues and Lee's continuing trouble with his legs. I know I'll be visiting you folks in Osoyoos during my road travels, that's a promise! -- Hugs, L'il Bro
ReplyDeleteThis reads like what I am in the middle of right now The house is mine and it will be so nice to be within 20 minute drive of my family.I am planning on buying a new trailer. There is just so much of my wonderful country I still have to explore.Sorry to hear of your eye problems but hopefully your operation will help to preserve your sight. Lee's back must really bother him when it affects the feeling in his legs.Maybe in my future travels I will come over the Rockies and visit you in your house.
ReplyDeleteChin up and as always cheers . Me and 4 paws.